Sunday, February 06, 2005

Feeling Great

This was my best run in years. Listening to Dr. John on my iPod, running briskly, a mist, and Caesar was one pace behind me instead of dragging me along. Compared to yesterday's hilly 5-mile run, the 2 mile neighborhood circuit was a breeze and both knees and my back felt fine. I wasn't sure I would ever feel like this again. Awesome!
Oatmeal is on the stove, whole-grain bread, yogurt butter and I've already listened to Prarie Home Companion, read the news on-line and actually developed an opinion about the president's social security proposal. I'm looking forward to church and we are starting a book group next week. Life is great!

I'm feeling successful with my healthy lifestyle changes and I got through some aweful urges for beer and potato chip nachos at the Bothell Pub last week. And its Super Bowl this afternoon!

Here is the update on my goals:

216 to 204
130s/upper 80s to 120s/upper 70s and 80s
triglycerides have to be down because I have had no alcohol and very little sugar

3/1
199
120/70
150
50
90
19

Think I'll uncork a V8 and toast another wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home