Monday, October 31, 2005

More Info Requested

This data is really putting me into a spin because it is so different than
the data that I have been seeing for two years. I have called together my
Admin Team and the affected Department Heads to start a controlled process
because this will also be a shock to my staff...so I am going to be asking
for more info over the next few weeks as we look more deeply at the data. I
appreciate your support in getting the info to them so we can move on to
figuring out how to take care of students.

Can we get...

1. historical ITBS/ITED (both the 9th and the 11th grade) subtest scores by
junior high like the WASL comparative data (to see if we have a similar
performance on this test over time)

" We would also need the ITBS tests (or whatever they are called) that are
normally given in 9th grade to compare CPJH and SJH. That way we would
know, overtime, another baseline BEFORE they go to BHS. This would give us
an idea of how 8th grade has done and depending on when they are given
during the year, how 9th grade has done. See if the separation, between SJH
and CPJH, is still closing in the 9th grade scores or if it closes faster in
10th, etc."

2. remember the district writing assessment given in 9th grade? Can we add
that to the WASL Writing comparative data to see if we have similar
performance

3. can I get a 4th to 7th grade report organized by grade school that is
similar to the 7th to 10th report so we can see how elementaries in our
feeder pattern are doing. It would be most helpful to see from a district
perspective so we can evaluate how our 7th graders are performing in
comparison to other junior highs.

4. one of my Dept. Heads asked for validity research on the WASL and I
pointed him to the OSPI reliability and validity study...any other resources
that you would recommend for teachers who may want to follow up from a
research point of view?

On 10/27/05 4:24 PM, "Jack Monpas-Huber" <jmonpashuber@nsd.org> wrote:

> You are very welcome. I deeply appreciate your commitment to data, even
> when it is not-so-positive news.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Jack B. Monpas-Huber
> Assessment Data Analyst
> Instructional Services
> Northshore School District
> 3330 Monte Villa Parkway
> Bothell, WA 98021
> 425-489-6297 Office
> 206-947-9926 Cell
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Anderson [mailto:manderson@nsd.org]
> Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:37 PM
> To: Jack Monpas-Huber
> Subject: Re: Great Presentation Today! Can I get a copy????????
>
> Boy this is good and I hate the information.
>
>
> On 10/26/05 9:32 PM, "Jack Monpas-Huber" <jmonpashuber@nsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Here is the information that you saw today: the class of 2007 gains by
>> junior high and content area. I've also graphed just the gains in
>> each content area by junior high and 7th grade year. The Excel files
>> are the data on which the slides are based, in case you want to see
>> more detail. I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is more I
> can do to assist.
>>
>> Jack
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Jack B. Monpas-Huber
>> Assessment Data Analyst
>> Instructional Services
>> Northshore School District
>> 3330 Monte Villa Parkway
>> Bothell, WA 98021
>> 425-489-6297 Office
>> 206-947-9926 Cell
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Mike Anderson [mailto:manderson@nsd.org]
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:14 PM
>> To: Jack Monpas-Huber
>> Subject: FW: Great Presentation Today! Can I get a copy????????
>>
>> 1. may I get a copy of the presentation that Gretchen shared today?
>> (her computer is being repaired...see below)
>>
>> 2. As we talked about, that data is really, really important for SJH.
> Can
>> I get a historical chart camparing all of the junior highs over as
>> many years as you have comparing 7th and 10th grade same student
>> scores on the WASL? This is the lever that I need to share the need
>> for growth after 7th grade.
>>
>>
>> ------ Forwarded Message
>> From: Gretchen Schaefer <gschaefer@nsd.org>
>> Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:46:28 -0700
>> To: Mike Anderson <manderson@nsd.org>
>> Subject: Re: Great Presentation Today! Can I get a copy????????
>>
>> Ha --- you are so funny!!
>>
>> I am most happy to share. I had to drop by laptop off at Technology
>> to get it re-imaged. They promise I will have it back by Friday, at
>> which time I will send you the PP that I used. Jack, of course, is
>> the wealth of all information regarding data slides. Tell him what
>> you want, and he comes through like a champ!
>>
>>
>>> From: Mike Anderson <manderson@nsd.org>
>>> Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:08:40 -0700
>>> To: Gretchen Schaefer <gschaefer@nsd.org>
>>> Subject: Great Presentation Today! Can I get a copy????????
>>>
>>> You planned the rest of my year.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------ End of Forwarded Message
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home