Thursday, March 09, 2006

Keeping logs: Jason Womack

I was talking with a new nutritionist yesterday, and she went over my "food log" with me. I've kept logs for different things (food, exercise, sleep, etc.) for years.

The focus for this appointment was to get ready for the next triathlon year. I went in to the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine to have a few tests run as I prepare for the '06 and '07 race years. This year, I'm planning to race in a few Olympic distance races, and one longer race. (Stay tuned, I may announce a longer race for 2007!)

The results of my nutrition assessment were great. This was due in large part to the objective recording-keeping I did for the past few weeks - what I ate, when I ate, how I felt...

There are a few tweaks I am going to make (a little more fat, a few more breads/grains/cereals). The purpose of me writing this here is to get readers thinking...

What could you track, that after a week or so of data would give you some objective and useful information to get closer to your goals?

(Also, if you have a story of tracking and changing, please let me know...I'd love to hear it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home