How wonderfully humbling.

It was one of those days today:
I bit my tongue while eating.
I got soap in my eye while washing my face.
I could not get the key out of the lock in the front door.
A family member hurt my feelings.
I tore the seat of the car while trying to transport a bicycle.
A clerk in a store barked at me when I asked a question.
My day was really crappy until I saw the picture of Sidique on my desk. Sidique is one of our Candlelighters Childhood cancer Foundation kids.
This amazing young boy has learned to fight the odds with an attitude that is so beautifully reflected in his smile. Cancer has not robbed him of his ability to brighten the world with his brilliant soul!
I was wallowing in my own self-pity today and seeing the joy of life on Sidique's face made me realize once again... that the world does not revolve around me.
How wonderfully humbling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home