Sunday, October 22, 2006

Verbs

Updating the project list ...one verb at at time

By Jason on Getting Things Done

[Thanks Nik!]

I received an e-mail recently with some tips and tricks to facilitate the writing process. Although meant to "spice up" writing, I found myself re-reading the list of action verbs that came at the bottom of the e-mail. It was fascinating.

In our Getting Things Done seminars, we guide participants in creating their own "inventory of projects." One tip I provide the audience is the "quick way" to identify open loops: Simply look at each verb on a short list and write down what you know you are working on.

For example, look over these verbs:

Install Deliver Submit Finalize

Now, quickly write down one thing you know you are going to install in the next couple of months. One thing to deliver, and so on. If you really want to go for it, check out this list, and walk through the process. Chances are you'll over identify (I did) your projects, but then you can back up and consolodate. What an amazing way to get your mind clear, and your weekly review started!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home