Saturday, December 15, 2007

Spiritual Lessons

Tough week as I come to the understanding that I am not the leader to make 40 Days successful at LFPPC. I don't think that our church leadership and members are at a place to make a churchwide major event happen either. There isn't the passion and commitment to drive this major event...at least within me.

The toughest part for me to come to terms with is that our Youth program just isn't drawing my kids or their friends and they are moving farther and farther from the church. I didn't gain any confidence in listening to the leaders and this is three years. It is really time for our family to ask the hard questions.

It would be so easy to be angry and turn negative and turn away from God, but I think of John Wooden who said, "Never criticize, condemn or complain" (as I work out in spin class with my eyes closed doing 40 40s) and I know the truth is that our church reflects my own spiritual life. I am shallow and surface and materialistic and self-centered and don't live Christ's life. It is no wonder that I am not in a place to organize an authentic, churchwide revival. It raises so many questions:

* Am I living Christ's mission?

* Do I share Christ's love everyday?

* Am I discipling anyone?

* Is Christ listening to my prayers?

* Do others see Christ's love in me?

* Am I a Christian model for my family?

* Am I a Christian?

* Am I thankful that I am where I am, struggling with this right now?

Then I scanned other ideas as I prayed on my bike:

1. What if Natural Helpers keep a weekly Random Acts of Kindness Blog? What if it became an e-Book?

2. What if I have conversations with Christians about how they live Christ in their workplace. What would I learn from Bethel, Paul, Bill...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home