Thoreau Quotes
Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.
For more than five years I maintained myself thus solely by the labour of my hands, and I found, that by working about six weeks in a year, I could meet all the expenses of living.
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.
For more than five years I maintained myself thus solely by the labour of my hands, and I found, that by working about six weeks in a year, I could meet all the expenses of living.
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.
I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home