Vioxx Data
I participated in the three year study that led to Merck discontinuing Vioxx. This the data that led to withdrawing Vioxx from the market. I have no idea whether I took Vioxx or the placebo but I have requested the information.
October 18, 2004
Latest Data released by the Maker of Vioxx�
Merck Pharmaceuticals
On October 18, 2004, Merck released the following data on which Merck based its September 30th decision to withdraw Vioxx� from the market:
There were 2.72 times more cardiac events among the Vioxx� users, and over 2 times more strokes and TIAs among the Vioxx� users, compared to those study participants who were taking a placebo (sugar pill).
October 18, 2004
Latest Data released by the Maker of Vioxx�
Merck Pharmaceuticals
On October 18, 2004, Merck released the following data on which Merck based its September 30th decision to withdraw Vioxx� from the market:
|
| Vioxx� | Placebo |
| Study Participants Taking | 1,287 | 1299 |
| Users w/Cardiac Event | 30 | 11 |
| Users w/Stroke or TIA | 11 | 7 |
There were 2.72 times more cardiac events among the Vioxx� users, and over 2 times more strokes and TIAs among the Vioxx� users, compared to those study participants who were taking a placebo (sugar pill).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home