Leadership Capacity Chapt. 3
This chapter is about the Professional Development of Leaders. I love this topic and I really want to be part of an organization that makes this the first priority for principals. I understand that this is happening in districts like Encumclaw, Vancouver, Tahoma and Bellingham. Seattle SD tried the Leaderhship Academy.
Our meetings should be as well organized as the best classroom lessons. There should be all the steps in UbD and we should get to the level of coaching and consulting through inquiry and dialogue. Our best investment would be to help our principals become expert coaches and consultants. We can/should model this at all times. This is a whole new way to look at administrative meetings.
I would like to give all of the Northshore Administrators a Survey of Emerging Teacher Leadership as a baseline. How are we currently doing with participation, vision, inquiry, collaboration, refletion and student achievement.
This book says that we need to put our administrators into an inquiry-based, collaborative leadership environment to model how to work with their own staffs. In this way, I believe that the strengths of quiet administrators may open up a whole new set of possiblities for our district.
Our meetings should be as well organized as the best classroom lessons. There should be all the steps in UbD and we should get to the level of coaching and consulting through inquiry and dialogue. Our best investment would be to help our principals become expert coaches and consultants. We can/should model this at all times. This is a whole new way to look at administrative meetings.
I would like to give all of the Northshore Administrators a Survey of Emerging Teacher Leadership as a baseline. How are we currently doing with participation, vision, inquiry, collaboration, refletion and student achievement.
This book says that we need to put our administrators into an inquiry-based, collaborative leadership environment to model how to work with their own staffs. In this way, I believe that the strengths of quiet administrators may open up a whole new set of possiblities for our district.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home