Electronic Portfolio...On-line Thinking
Mike Murphy shared about e-portfolios and blogging. I had already decided
to create my SPU portfolio on-line and was considering Blogger.com but may
look at efolio or eportfolio to manage the paper. I will also transfer all
of my paper documents to pdf files by sending them to the print shop for a
penny a page. My goal is to really learn how to use electronic media.
I am also very interested in expanding on-line learning opportunities
through student on-line journals which are starting next week. Put that
together with Accelerated Reader on-line and after that e-portfolios and we
can really start to look at learning in new ways.
There really is so much that I am interested in learning and it feels like
the possibilities are exploding.
Our classroom conversation got a little heated between using on-line
technology and focusing primarily on pen and paper and conversation. With a
little more time, I really believe in more conversation, not lessÂmore
prayer, not lessÂmore collaboration, not more computer time. Truth is that
we waste sooooooooooo much time in meetings and classes and workshops. When
I film for Eagle Eye, seven presenters took 9 minutes but it would take
30-60 minutes of meeting time to share the saem information. We expand time
to equal the agenda and the meeting time. Do most meetings lead to genuine
conversation, to dialogue? My experience is that it rarely happens.
I also learned that I can e-mail to my blog. I need to try that out because
it could be much faster to post.
to create my SPU portfolio on-line and was considering Blogger.com but may
look at efolio or eportfolio to manage the paper. I will also transfer all
of my paper documents to pdf files by sending them to the print shop for a
penny a page. My goal is to really learn how to use electronic media.
I am also very interested in expanding on-line learning opportunities
through student on-line journals which are starting next week. Put that
together with Accelerated Reader on-line and after that e-portfolios and we
can really start to look at learning in new ways.
There really is so much that I am interested in learning and it feels like
the possibilities are exploding.
Our classroom conversation got a little heated between using on-line
technology and focusing primarily on pen and paper and conversation. With a
little more time, I really believe in more conversation, not lessÂmore
prayer, not lessÂmore collaboration, not more computer time. Truth is that
we waste sooooooooooo much time in meetings and classes and workshops. When
I film for Eagle Eye, seven presenters took 9 minutes but it would take
30-60 minutes of meeting time to share the saem information. We expand time
to equal the agenda and the meeting time. Do most meetings lead to genuine
conversation, to dialogue? My experience is that it rarely happens.
I also learned that I can e-mail to my blog. I need to try that out because
it could be much faster to post.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home