Sunday, January 09, 2005

HRM Chap. 2 Summary

Principals need to use Human Resource "Strategic Planning" . First, consider the data for population growth/decline, special education enrollment, violence statistics, at-hope students, student and teacher ethnic diversity, school choice, and local demographics. Principals need to understand their school and district within the context of the larger community, state and even national demographics. This understanding is the basis for the school mission statement and strategic plan.
A sample Monthly Strategic and Operation Plan is given for each month. (good idea for action)

A case study is given of a principal for a principal who would like to increase his staffing in the spring rather than waiting until when school starts.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a good planner but I really like the format of the monthly strategic plan. I like it even better than a School Improvement Plan because you can weave administration in with teaching and learning with insevice and create a complete administative plan of action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home