The News from Brier Washington...
Its been a quiet week in my home town of Brier Washington...up there on the hill at the north end of Lake Washington. Its been warm and raining...nearly 60 degrees this Christmas and Swamp Creek is running high. Michael Jr. is home from college and has been stacking boxes for two weeks at Data Site, made $1100 during this break. He lived the high life going to Canlis with his Auntie Lynn after work on Tuesday and Cheesecake Factory with his girlfriend Jen's family Wednesday and prime rib on Christmas Eve, turkey and ham for Christmas and off to Whistler the day after Christmas for three days of snowboarding. His iPod was broken and resurected itself yesterday, came back to life after being forgotten. He could have gotten a new Nano but he misunderstood and thought the company Christmas party was the family party and dang.
Uncle John is up from Arizona for Christmas for the third year. We all met him at 13 Coins, his favorite Seattle restaurant that is dark, open all night and serves big, big, big Fritatas. John has come through a dark year and is going to a Wellness Clinic where he is getting help for sleep apnea and is finally sleeping through the night. Sleep apnea is the hot health issue and so many men are telling their near death sleeping stories. Two years ago I roomed with Scott who wears an oxygen mask at night and Dave has $3000 headgear to open his airway. Michael says that I must have sleep apnea because I snore so loud and I don't want to listen because I already have foot inserts, a mouth guard, meniers, a bad back... Bet Grandpa Arnold had sleep apnea because his snores filled the whole house.
I opened the first Christmas present this year because Lynn was so excited about getting it. Its been so many years since I got the exciting gift and it was Madden 2006. I felt like a kid. Won our Fantasy Football league last night too with some very lucky moves. Picked up Ricky Williams as a free agent because E. James was being rested and Ricky had the game of the year and I squeaked past the best team by 11 points hoping that Randy Moss wouldn't catch a touchdown at the end of the game. What a kid.
I left a Christmas phone message with Cousin Mark. Too much distance between us and so much family and friends and so much time has gone past. Took the Michael to his 22nd Santa picture and he is starting to talk about getting married in the next few years and there are so many memories on the hall wall.
Thats the news from Brier Washington where all the women are strong, the men are good looking and all of the children are above average.
Uncle John is up from Arizona for Christmas for the third year. We all met him at 13 Coins, his favorite Seattle restaurant that is dark, open all night and serves big, big, big Fritatas. John has come through a dark year and is going to a Wellness Clinic where he is getting help for sleep apnea and is finally sleeping through the night. Sleep apnea is the hot health issue and so many men are telling their near death sleeping stories. Two years ago I roomed with Scott who wears an oxygen mask at night and Dave has $3000 headgear to open his airway. Michael says that I must have sleep apnea because I snore so loud and I don't want to listen because I already have foot inserts, a mouth guard, meniers, a bad back... Bet Grandpa Arnold had sleep apnea because his snores filled the whole house.
I opened the first Christmas present this year because Lynn was so excited about getting it. Its been so many years since I got the exciting gift and it was Madden 2006. I felt like a kid. Won our Fantasy Football league last night too with some very lucky moves. Picked up Ricky Williams as a free agent because E. James was being rested and Ricky had the game of the year and I squeaked past the best team by 11 points hoping that Randy Moss wouldn't catch a touchdown at the end of the game. What a kid.
I left a Christmas phone message with Cousin Mark. Too much distance between us and so much family and friends and so much time has gone past. Took the Michael to his 22nd Santa picture and he is starting to talk about getting married in the next few years and there are so many memories on the hall wall.
Thats the news from Brier Washington where all the women are strong, the men are good looking and all of the children are above average.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home