Saturday, November 06, 2004

Blood Pressure Check and Idaho Nachos

My wife has a blood pressure monitor. I had to learn how to use it because I had only played with it and never really cared. The arm band goes on the left arm over the elbow joint and the cable points down and you have to be sitting down and the time of day affects your blood pressure and blood pressure is a measurement of how hard the blood is pushing on your arteries and my blood pressure is higher than La Connas and she has strugged with it and dang, truth is blood pressure has been a problem with lots of people in my family and I never, never thought it would apply to me and IT DOES.

So I've done a pretty good job with the diet. Oatmeal for breakfast, rice and vegetable or a vegetable sandwich for lunch and pretty simple dinners like pasta and chicken and vegetables...until Friday at the Ale House and I ordered Idaho Nachos for the table and ate way too much of it. Dang and the next morning my blood pressure was way back up...even higher than the highest of the week. Can it swing that much on one meal. It was so much higher that I figured it had to be a bad reading so I took four readings:

147/93, 58
145/82, 57

Adjust the cord slightly and put it right down my arm like the illustration...

136/81, 56
137/80,57

Still that is toooooo high.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home