Taking Stock of Aches and Pains
I have the aches and pains of a weekend warrior but I have never taken the time to inventory them. If I define the hurts then could I take physical therapy steps to take care of some of the issues?
1. back and neck
* upper left back has a constant knot and creaks constantly (once I thought if I kept stretching it would eventually pop into place but it never does)
* over past year has moved into my neck, especially upper left neck high
* lower back has lots of movement when I do yoga or stretch on the ball
* tight and really tight when I am tense
2. knees
* 2 operations on the right knee years and years ago
* tender front of knee
* little jump left
* have occasionally taken medication for cartlidge but not really...funky knee brace during basketball only
3. right shoulder
* new pain this week but I am afraid that it is my back/neck moving on
* pain when I lift my should and concerned may be from weekend weight lifting
* creaks like back
* when rotating there is a troubling click in my right collarbone
* the shoulder pain seems to run down my arm into my right hand....just barely
4. Stomach
* not as strong as it can be and I am concerned that my body fat comp is inching up...that is not who I see myself as being but I think of my dad and I don't want to lose control
* my eating and drinking habits are gradually eroding
* I wonder if my back/neck is effecting how I hold my stomach
5. eyes
* this year reading glasses for the first time...lowest power
* tons of blinking
6. ears
* can hear much better on the left side than the right
* if someone is on my right side I often pretend to understand
Bottom line, I know that I can take positive actions in these areas. My body is talking to me and I can make a positive difference.
1. back and neck
* upper left back has a constant knot and creaks constantly (once I thought if I kept stretching it would eventually pop into place but it never does)
* over past year has moved into my neck, especially upper left neck high
* lower back has lots of movement when I do yoga or stretch on the ball
* tight and really tight when I am tense
2. knees
* 2 operations on the right knee years and years ago
* tender front of knee
* little jump left
* have occasionally taken medication for cartlidge but not really...funky knee brace during basketball only
3. right shoulder
* new pain this week but I am afraid that it is my back/neck moving on
* pain when I lift my should and concerned may be from weekend weight lifting
* creaks like back
* when rotating there is a troubling click in my right collarbone
* the shoulder pain seems to run down my arm into my right hand....just barely
4. Stomach
* not as strong as it can be and I am concerned that my body fat comp is inching up...that is not who I see myself as being but I think of my dad and I don't want to lose control
* my eating and drinking habits are gradually eroding
* I wonder if my back/neck is effecting how I hold my stomach
5. eyes
* this year reading glasses for the first time...lowest power
* tons of blinking
6. ears
* can hear much better on the left side than the right
* if someone is on my right side I often pretend to understand
Bottom line, I know that I can take positive actions in these areas. My body is talking to me and I can make a positive difference.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home