Boundary Changes
I am especially interested in this boundary change because I am so impressed with Dr. Broussard's superintendent style. He is the superintenent that I would hope to be and I look forward to seeing how he deals with challenging issues like boundary changes. I get the feeling that he can navigate through these kinds of issues in a positive way.
Board's decision near on new school boundaries
|
|
The Edmonds School Board is expected to make a final decision Dec. 7 on proposed new boundaries for Hilltop, Martha Lake and Oak Heights elementary schools. The district is redrawing boundaries to reduce overcrowding in its northeast corner.
At the same time, Spruce Primary and Lynnwood Intermediate schools, which serve kindergarten through third grade and third through sixth grades, respectively, will be reconfigured to become kindergarten-through-sixth-grade schools. Overall, the changes are expected to affect several hundred students.
The School Board will choose among recommendations made by a citizens planning panel and district staff members.
The panel has proposed that next year's fifth- and sixth-graders and their siblings be exempt from changes, depending on total enrollment at each school. The staff has recommended that current fifth-graders and their siblings at Martha Lake and Oak Heights and current fourth- and fifth-graders and their siblings at Hilltop be allowed to remain at their current schools.
Information: 425-670-7155 or 425-670-7176.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home