End of an Era (Power Memorial)
Larry pulled me to the side when we were warming up before Thursday basketball and asked me how I would feel if we didn't play softball this year...I haven't really enjoyed it for a few years but we have been playing together for 20 years and we are starting to get beat up. Lisle died. Jim, Joe, Larry, Randy and I are still playing but it is time. We both said we could still get together for a beer on Tuesday nights because that is what we like about the group now anyway. Last year, we played like the 20 year old bats we still use and some of the younger teams are using juiced $300 bats that make the ball expode over the fence unlike anything that we did when we were a pretty good team. We really are feeling like the bats wouldn't make that much difference now anyway. So I do hope that we keep getting together for the Super Bowl Party and a beer now and then because I sure do like those guys.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home