Sunday, November 07, 2004

ListServe E-Mail Newsletter Awesome

I've been looking for ways to improve communications with my school community. When I started last year, all school communications went through the bi-monthly PTSA newsletter but the PTSA newsletter didn't have an editor at the start of the year and reports had it that not all school info made it through the editing process and bi-monthly wasn't enough. So I published a newsletter every three weeks when progress reports went out. I never knew how many newsletters got home and how many were in lockers, backpacks and garbage cans. Year one, we posted the newsletter as the first page of our new, improved web site but who knows how many parents would read the web site out of 900 families...probably not many.

So this week I sent out the first electonic e-mail Skyview newsletter to over 600 families. I took the time to have articles that feature a video of our wonderful arts department and a community survey to make the newsletter more than news. I am very enthusiastic about the possibilities and see that the idea can grow to a district level in very creative ways as I think would it would be like as a superintendent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home