Running Saturday Morning
My physical self-esteem has been much better than my real health. I still see myself as 20-something and in good shape but health problems have been sneaking up and I have been ignoring the warning signals...for years. Running up the basketball court is slow motion and I am rarely ever part of a fast break. In volleyball, I can still hit but I am only inches off the ground. My knees, back and neck have been warning me and I have refused to listen. Now my heart, weight and body fat percentage are telling me. It is a growing chorus.
I am getting the message but I don't have a track record of success with dieting, excercise etc...when I set a goal. I can make a committment and change it pretty fast and now is the time that I need determination and will power.
Look at all of the good that came from running this morning.
1. the dog got excercise
2. I woke up running in the rain
3. listened to some good Clifford Brown jazz
4. time to think about health and life and relationships
5. heart rate to 140
6. worked out the kinks in my heart monitor (kept reading 170 and 180 and what with the ups and downs of my blood pressure this week it really got me thinking...heart rate has really never been an issue)
7. loosened my neck
8. saw a man installing a roof at Barb and Les' at a steep angle and I am sure thankful I'm not him
9. my knees and ankles held out
10. I'm alive and can keep active
I am getting the message but I don't have a track record of success with dieting, excercise etc...when I set a goal. I can make a committment and change it pretty fast and now is the time that I need determination and will power.
Look at all of the good that came from running this morning.
1. the dog got excercise
2. I woke up running in the rain
3. listened to some good Clifford Brown jazz
4. time to think about health and life and relationships
5. heart rate to 140
6. worked out the kinks in my heart monitor (kept reading 170 and 180 and what with the ups and downs of my blood pressure this week it really got me thinking...heart rate has really never been an issue)
7. loosened my neck
8. saw a man installing a roof at Barb and Les' at a steep angle and I am sure thankful I'm not him
9. my knees and ankles held out
10. I'm alive and can keep active

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home